Medical Laboratory accreditation (ISO 15189)
AIUKs provides accreditation to the internationally recognized standard ISO 15189 Medical Laboratories – requirements for quality and competence.
AIUKs accreditation covers the following disciplines:
- Clinical Biochemistry – Toxicology – Endocrinology
- Haematology – Blood Transfusion
- Microbiology – Virology – Parasitology – Serology – Mycology
- Histopathology – Cytology – Mortuaries
- Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics
Medical laboratories can also be accredited as an External Quality Assurance Provider (EQA) to ISO/IEC 17043, Conformity Assessment – General requirements for proficiency testing.
AIUKs also accredits organizations which provide point of care testing against ISO 22870 (Point of Care Testing: particular requirements for quality and competence), applied in conjunction with ISO 15189 (Medical Laboratories: particular requirements for quality and competence). This accreditation is an important element in establishing and maintaining confidence in a point of care testing service.